Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Treadmill Continues




Hi everybody! I was inspired to deviate from the normal format of the blog and drop some poetry on ya! I hope you enjoy it. If you like what you see here, subscribe to the blog and stay up on my most current ramblings. Thanks!


The Treadmill Continues- by Brandon Stephens Copyright 2013

Forward-thinking yet stuck in the past's muck
Break-neck speed spinning treadmill belt gears
Lucid American Dreams lived loosely
Defined by subjective interpretation
Create basement heavens, penthouse hells, and
Middle-class purgatory sentences

Penance doled out by media priests through
Digital cable confession boxes
Create salvation for sale to the highest bidder
The rich in spirit starve joyfully
While gluttonous appetites rage on ravenously

Selfish motives cloaked in smoke and mirrors, and
Quid pro quo humanitarianism
Pontificate promises from political platforms
Proving nothing more than power moves
In a popularity contest between two losers

Until we all see
That the "you" I'm trying to screw
Is me
The treadmill continues


If poetry isn't your thing, check out these other popular Bent Straight blog posts by Brandon C. Stephens:




Three Birds on a Fence 


Thanks for reading! Be sure to like us on Facebook

3 comments:

  1. Brandon...FANTASTIC! You've put in poetry what I keep droning on about for years...and there's a reason it never stops, because it never ends.
    -Deej @ the Gents

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deej! You and I must have a lot in common because I drone on about the same stuff as well! This poem sort of helped me condense some of it. Glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  2. Thats why i say hey man good shot what a good shot man

    ReplyDelete